Monday 21 May 2007

detox...

i have started my own personal detox. and no, i won't be having pipes pushed up my bottom or anything as militant as that - no colonic irrigation ere thanks!!

i've just realised that my planning is really poor. i have decided to cut out sugar and alcohol just as i reach PMT def con 1 level in my cycle!! at this time of the month i feel like i'm in need of about 40 packets of maltesers and should be drip fed chocolate.... however, i am citing the mantra 'my body is my temple' - meanwhile the real me is sitting down with a nice bottle of red wine, fried egg sandwich and chocolate!!

My 'detox' is in no way militant - it involves no sugar and no alcohol, no fizzy drinks, lots of water, no caffeine (do that anyway) and lots of healthy nutritious food - well at least until sunday when group of friends are going out for a night out..... back to hip hop place where i feel old but pretend i'm young and drink gin and tonic, dance and have a good chat/laugh with friends!! one night off the detox wagon... well it is a bank holiday!

having m.e. and some form of rheumatism that i'm awaiting a consultant appointment (for months now) to diagnose - i need to readjust my eating to try and maintain levels of energy and with the rheumatism i've been told an 'exclusion diet' can have remarkable effect. i have in the last week cut out tomatoes and citrus fruit. mind you i will have lime in my gin and tonic at the weekend!! i'm not that good!

my colleague very kindly today brought me in a book around nutrition to beat arthritic illnesses. another colleague at work assisted her step-father back to health from cancer with the help of nutrition.... it's fascinating stuff. mind u if this is a militant diet not sure how far i will get with it!! for me cutting out sugar and eating healthily helps me to create a balance and optimise energy levels - however way too often this important nutritional information is forgotten in the face of chocolate or a biscuit at a meeting at work!! let's see how it goes!....

i have discovered jill scott this weekend who all my friends have discovered ages ago - i've heard quite a lot of her stuff but am really enraptured with a few tunes.... it's stunningly sensually heavenly music - it's filling a gap right now...!! and at this time of the month there is one to be filled!! *sigh*

No comments: