Thursday 31 May 2007

rainy day....

the weather this half term has been completely miserable - so much so i can't even get out on my garden.... which is somewhat annoying since i have loads to do now that the builders have disappeared and the scaffolding is out of my borders (together with the clumbsy feet that wrecked a few of my plants grrr).... they've been outside today washing down all their mess and i'm just hoping they're not messing up my ecostructure with chemicals....

we're having a day at home today. by 8.30 i was opening the two month's worth of mail i had placed uncarefully in a box! i think the only mail i opened in april was birthday cards and sympathy cards following my dad's death. i would like to think i'm flattered by the amount of paper people send me in the hope that i will purchase a sofa, get a credit card, buy even more clothes, etc etc but i'm a bit offended by the amount of paper that gets wasted on my behalf..... mounds of stuff has ended up in the recycling bin - what a waste..... i have now dutifully filed away the rest of the stuff and i always say 'i'll do it on a weekly basis to save having to do this again' but in june i'll no doubt be doing the same exercise again!! this is why i need an ocd male partner to come and organise my life for me!! i also cancelled one of my store cards since they wrote me a stinking letter over owing £4 out of a £20 balance i had forgotten to clear..... i must be really pre-menstrual!

whilst in the bath following this i redesigned by bathroom and have decided to modernise it in august while the children are away for a week. now i just need to find an honest, good worker to do it for me.... i'm fancying slate tiles on two walls and floor - and the rest painted..... probably white. i also need a big cupboard for the mounds of beautifying creams i keep forgetting to use!! new loo, sink and bath...and i think i might paint a canvas to go over the loo..... once upon a time in a different flat i had a modigliani painting over the loo cos i loved the expression on the woman's face - looked like she was sizing up male loo users!! i didn't study history of art for nothing you know! lol i think i'll go for something more neutral in artwork this time!

i've done an audit of the flat and have written a list of what storage solutions i need and will be doing a mass trip to ikea soon to get those sorted.... if i wasn't so poorly i would have got the paint out and painted my bedroom!! that's been bare plaster since i fell ill last year half way thro the job! i have a few bits of painting that need doing - i am the most messiest painting and decorating person in the world - i make such a mess of it! well.... the walls end up ok but the rest of the place always seems to get covered! am contemplating getting a professional in..... but also thinking of the amount of cash i can save if i do it myself...... once upon a time a homegroup came and painted my lounge for me - never again!!!! out of christian charity they came and really bodged up my walls!!

had bo and boys over for lunch - cooked caribbean soup and dumplings, emptied the wardrobe in my bedroom and sorted through my clothes and got everything back in its place - have come to the conclusion i have enough clothes now!!... walked around the place getting rid stuff cupboards.... but didn't have the stamina to pull all stuff out of each and every one!!... especially the one with all my books in it - i do need to sort through that one but not whilst i have a chest infection - those books have stayed in that one place gathering dust for about 5 years...!! i will end up hospitalising myself!...... spent 5 minutes at my door saying 'no i'm fine with my supplier thank you' to aggressive electricity and gas sales people from npower, have played with children.....endless games of naughts and crosses, made animals out of play clay, lots of drawing, used my new usb pencil sharpener that lights up - v. entertaining, had a game of star wars monopoly and generally kept my children entertained, singing, dancing and messing around - if you're happy and you know it say 'johnny depp'!

i will be most upset if the sun suddenly comes out next week whilst i'm back at work....... in the meantime however, i have loads to keep me busy here!!

No comments: