Friday 25 May 2007

heart....

god is doing some major heart surgery on me at the moment - the details of which i won't reveal here. it is causing me to go to a place of complete surrender - which i am finding so difficult , since to do so i would become completely vulnerable...

however - today at a women's group at church god gave me a revelation of the passage in jeremiah about the potter and the clay..... in that passage - god is calling for complete surrender - so that he can remould parts of us that need it. in the passage it ensues that israel wants to continue in stubborness of heart... in the next chapter god's next instruction to jeremiah is to take a clay and smash it to pieces. this made me sit up! my unwillingness to surrender has consequences in god showing his disapproval....

if i surrender - then god makes me into a beautiful jar of clay - and in me he puts treasure.... treasure in jars of clay......

No comments: